My replicas

MP5K PDW, Tokyo Marui, stock [operational].
mG36E, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
Steyr AUG, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
AK47S, Cyma, stock [broken stock, but operational].

Previously:
MP5 SD3, ICS.
Scoped M15 A2 Rifle, 380 fps, Classic Army.
M24, Classic Army, 510 fps.

October 22, 2008

I need some sophisticated equipment

I don't have any high-tech charger / discharger. At the moment my equipment used for charging and discharging my batteries consists of:

  • charger for 8,4 V batteries, capable of supplying 250 mA current, the one that comes with Cyma replicas,
  • some variable rate charger that gives 12 V and 15-240 mA current,
  • very simple discharger, made of 55 W 12 V car bulb, shown on the following photo.


From Airsoft from Poland photos


Discharging batteries takes time. Since it's not automated, I have to look at the bulb from time to time when I am discharging a battery. I can't leave it unattended...

Charging batteries is not fully automated. The chargers are cheap, they only supply the specific amount of current. They don't check if the battery is fully charged, so may overcharge and destroy the battery. The only way to make sure the battery is not overcharged is to watch the time carefully (and know exactly how long the battery is supposed to be plugged to the charger) and check from time to time if the battery is warm... I can't leave the charger unattended for the last part of the charging, when the battery needs to be unplugged.

I need to buy a good automated charger and some cheap discharger to make sure my batteries are healthy and may live long...

0 komentarze:

Krzysztof Lis said...

Come on... Is this post really so uninteresting that noone has anything to comment? ;p