My replicas

MP5K PDW, Tokyo Marui, stock [operational].
mG36E, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
Steyr AUG, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
AK47S, Cyma, stock [broken stock, but operational].

Previously:
MP5 SD3, ICS.
Scoped M15 A2 Rifle, 380 fps, Classic Army.
M24, Classic Army, 510 fps.

November 25, 2007

Cyma AK-47 (CM028) review

This is the review of my Cyma AK-47S replika. I wrote it because I believe there is still some place on the internet for articles about cheap airsoft replicas. Cyma replicas are certainly the cheap ones. I'd say, they're on the second shelf, while the first shelf are Tokyo Marui, Classic Army and similar priced replicas.

I read a review written over a year ago, followed by long thread of replies on one of airsoft discussion forums. The thread author wrote:

I found the CYMA AK on airsplat some time ago, and believe me, I was as skeptical as you. (...) A less informed friend of mine who is getting into airsoft (...) bought one. I expected him to receive it and immediately be sorry with his purchase--surprisingly, it wasn't the case. Upon arriving for our game that day, he showed me the AK. I was shocked upon picking it up to discover how heavy it was--it felt like a real steel AK from the weight. Also, I was surprised to notice the gun was almost all metal--in fact, ALL metal except for the grip, handle and stock, which were shockingly decent feeling plastic. Then I figured, what the heck. It looks good but will shoot like crap. Not so! I was VERY surprised when I was hiding behind a tree about 40 feet away from my friend (...) when suddenly a barrage from his AK ripped through the branches and demolished me.
I won't agree that Cyma CM028 is able to break tree branches. Nevertheless, I agree that most of serious airsoft players year ago wouldn't consider purchasing Cyma's replicas. The manufacturer's name was known as a definition of poor quality.

But the replica I own is supposed to be cheaper copy of Tokyo Marui replica! It has metal gearbox, plastic body and metal hi-capacity magazine! With the replica you get the hi-cap mag, stick type 1,100 mAh battery (I got S version with folding stock) and a battery charger! This means, that you need only the replica, BBs and eye protection to have airsoft fun! Standard Tokyo Marui replica comes with low-cap magazine, with no battery or charger. The player had to buy battery and charge it somehow. This makes this Cyma replica a good bargain!

What about muzzle velocity? There are two generations of Cyma AK-47 replicas on market. Mine is from first generation, an exact copy o Tokyo Marui replica. It is supposed to have something around 290 fps on 0.2g BB. I use 0.23g BB, and had 266 fps on chronometer. The replicas from second generation are said to have 360-380 fps muzzle velocity. They still cost in Poland somewhere around $150. :D

The guy quoted at the beginning of my article is wrong. The replica has plastic body, and plastic (wood imitation) grips. They imitate wood really good, I must say...

The hopup is easily adjusted. The sight can be adjusted as well. One can adjust it to aim higher - in the real-steel version this was used for shooting long range. In airsoft I use this feature if I adjust the hopup for long range.

Here are two video reviews I found on YouTube. :)





This article will start "my replica reviews" series. :)

Added on December 3rd, 2007: I believe it is worth mentioning here that I broke my replica's stock.

2 komentarze:

Psyco Guy said...

Dude, that is awesome.

shooter said...

Thiis is a great airsoft online shop. You must find yours gun, please check it out.
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk