My replicas

MP5K PDW, Tokyo Marui, stock [operational].
mG36E, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
Steyr AUG, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
AK47S, Cyma, stock [broken stock, but operational].

Previously:
MP5 SD3, ICS.
Scoped M15 A2 Rifle, 380 fps, Classic Army.
M24, Classic Army, 510 fps.

January 5, 2008

My Steyr AUG Classic Army replica

This is a static article about my Classic Army Steyr AUG replica. I will post any updates about the replica here. Latest update: February 24th, 2008.

Replica info.
Spring: Guarded M110 / SP110.
Barrel: 6.04 mm Deep Fire precise barrel.
Gears: helical gear set.
Hopup rubber: black silicone Systema rubber.
Spring guide: metal, with bearing.
Piston: stock.
Bore-up set: cylinder, cylinder and piston heads (the latter with bearing), air seal nozzle.
Used battery: 8.4V 1,200 mAh NiMH, Intellect.

Muzzle velocity: 400 fps on 0.2g BBs.

I bought it on august 2006. In one of our interner airsoft retailers there was sale for new airsoft users. If you were a new customer, you got better price for the replica. So I asked a friend of mine to buy it for me. :)

I ordered it with set of parts I wanted to use for silencing it. I paid $600, but at that moment I paid more than PLN 3.00 for $1. At the moment $1 is worth in Poland less than PLN 2.50. :)

We installed the set of silencing parts soon after I finally got the replica. But the replica didn't become more quiet than before.

Some time after it was silenced it was broken during one of my games. It was later repaired, but soon after broke down again. So I decided that I will ship it to my favorite retailer for repairs and small tuning.

Update: January 10th, 2008.

The replica is now fully operational. It was delivered today after the repairs.

Update: February 11th, 2008.

As it became obvious soon after the AUG was delivered, it wasn't fixed properly. If stopped on full auto with power spring partially compressed, the engine couldn't move it until the anti-reversal latch (and eventually the spring) was released. The guy who repaired it tried to convince me that it was caused by battery. I sent the replica again. After checking the gearbox the guy said that the motor is getting to hot and is probably defected. They replaced the motor and sent me the replica. This time fully operational.

I am a bit disappointed though that fully charged 8.4V 1,400 mAh is not enough to fire the replica. :(

Update: February 24th, 2008.

Here's a photo of the AUG, with attached 3-point sling and battery pack I bought last week.

From Airsoft from ...


During the last game (on February 17th) I used the AUG covered with woodland net masking. It looked like this.

2 komentarze:

Anonymous said...

hi, i´m from portugal, i bought a AUG A2 and imidiatly puted a 9,6v 1400 battery with no alteration, she has a very quick fire rate and good acuracy, i want to put more fps on her... can you say +- what to buy for it?

Krzysztof Lis said...

Hi!

The easiest way to increase muzzle velocity (give more fps) is to put stronger power spring. This gives the best fps boost. But there are drawbacks, the most important being increased failure rate. Some elements like piston and gears tend to wear faster, so they need to be replaced with stronger parts. If you'd like to have safe tuning, try installing precise barrel and bore-up cylinder set. Those parts don't put additional load on gears so won't reduce your replica life span, but increase fps only slightly...

Who made your AUG? Classic Army? Any other manufacturer?