My replicas

MP5K PDW, Tokyo Marui, stock [operational].
mG36E, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
Steyr AUG, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
AK47S, Cyma, stock [broken stock, but operational].

Previously:
MP5 SD3, ICS.
Scoped M15 A2 Rifle, 380 fps, Classic Army.
M24, Classic Army, 510 fps.

December 1, 2006

mG36 phase III upgrade - day one

Today I decided that I'll install the parts I receieved yesterday, ordered earlier this week (stock, barrel), the sealed nozzle I bought few months ago and a 170% Classic Army spring I got with my replica.

I decided that the first thing to replace will be the stock because that was my main purchase. I tried to remove the original stock in order to attach my new purchase. I didn't have the proper hex key to remove the hinge. So the stock will have to wait for it's turn.

This was not a good day for the G36 tuning. First of all I didn't have all the tools required for such a work and I ordered parts that didn't fit my replica well. ;)

Since I removed the gearbox and magazine socket to see how to attach the stock wiring to the gearbox (I still have no f--king idea!) I had an opportunity to remove the inner barrel and install the precise one. So I removed the outer and inner barrel and the entire metal part that holds the hopup together. I dismantled that part and the hopup itself. When I got my hands on the barrel and compared it to the one I bought (designed for M14, not G36!) I saw that it has the vertical incision (that holds the barrel in place and doesn't allow any motion in axial direction) was in different place. This means that the barrel is not properly connected to the rest of the replica.

Without having the stock installed I didn't want to replace the inner parts of the gearbox - i.e. nozzle and power spring. This is because I wanted to have first the 9.6V battery installed which I can't install without the stock.

0 komentarze:

Krzysztof Lis said...

Come on... Is this post really so uninteresting that noone has anything to comment? ;p