My replicas

MP5K PDW, Tokyo Marui, stock [operational].
mG36E, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
Steyr AUG, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
AK47S, Cyma, stock [broken stock, but operational].

Previously:
MP5 SD3, ICS.
Scoped M15 A2 Rifle, 380 fps, Classic Army.
M24, Classic Army, 510 fps.

January 14, 2008

I just got a call

I just received a call from my favorite asg shop. I was called by the guy who repaired my AUG. Yesterday I wrote them an email in which I described what happened. I said exactly how the replica stopped working, which batteries I used, etc.

The guy said that he tested the replica and it worked well. He fired it on full auto and didn't notice any problems.

So what caused the trouble?

He said that it was because of the temperature yesterday. I wrote him that the replica was powered by 1,800 mAh Sanyo NiCd battery and when it stopped shooting I plugged it to 3,000 mAh KAN NiMH battery. He said that 1,800 isn't very strong battery and the second one is very sensitive when it comes to temperature. So he says that my trouble was caused by the batteries and weather. He advised me to recharge the batteries again and try using the replica at home. Of course I will do so...

Another thing about last game. I found satellite photo of the place at Google Maps. Here it is:

View Larger Map

You can see a dense forest and next to it a large area covered with mud and dirt. You must zoom a little, ensuring that the dark green area of woodland will be in the middle of the frame. East, next to the forest is a large "canyon". It is a place aligned almost meridional, surrounded by four embankments. You can see one of those embankments in the background of the photo I posted yesterday.

I think that playing a game exclusively in this canyon will be a nice experience. :)

2 komentarze:

Anonymous said...

That's really bad luck with your batteries.

I'm REALLY paranoid about my batteries - always worried they will fail me. So I have bought and take to games far more than I probably need!

My team also now has a battery charger that works with a car's cigarette lighter plug. Just in case!

Hope you have better luck in the future!

Krzysztof Lis said...

I don't believe this was caused by the batteries...

Yesterday, in warm apartment (+20°C / 68°F) I connected the same two batteries to the replica with no effect.

I removed the mechbox from inside of the replica. I found out that one of the screws that connect two halves of engine part of the gearbox was missing - I found it inside the replica. I removed the motor part of the mechbox and pulled the anti-reversal latch. The spring was relieved. I connected the engine and the battery again and the gearbox worked just fine.

Until the same situation occured. I pulled trigger not long enough, the spring was compressed partially, the motor couldn't move it.

I tried the trick with the anti-reversal latch two times. Then I opened the mechbox and replaced the power spring with the orignal one. Nothing changed! Still, when the motor was stopped in the wrong time it couldn't move the gears.

I discharged and recharged slowly the 1,800 mAh battery. Charging took me 12 hours on 240 mA current. I plugged the freshly connected battery to the mechbox, with no effect!

It is worth mentioning that the wires next to the connector become hot when I try to move the semi-compressed spring with the motor. I also must mention that the heat from that trial caused a part of plastic jacket that's around the 3,000 mAh battery cells was melted! I believe this means that the batteries give enough current to the motor and the cause of my problem is elsewhere.

I have car battery charger that can operate from any 12V power supply. But I didn't move it yet from my parents' apartment...