My replicas

MP5K PDW, Tokyo Marui, stock [operational].
mG36E, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
Steyr AUG, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
AK47S, Cyma, stock [broken stock, but operational].

Previously:
MP5 SD3, ICS.
Scoped M15 A2 Rifle, 380 fps, Classic Army.
M24, Classic Army, 510 fps.

December 4, 2007

AUG augmentations (tuning)

Last week I wrote that my AUG A1 is broken and needs repairing. I also mentioned that I'll have 10% off all the prices needed for repair, hopefully I'll also get that discount for all the parts required for upgrade / tuning the replica. So why don't I augment my AUG?

But what can I tune? I can only put there ball bearings (the one I bought were of 6mm diameter, not 7mm, so didn't fit) and power spring. Since I already have one spring I consider sending it to the shop with the replica for installation. I don't know yet, because they'll probably charge me for that comparable amount of money I'd pay for new spring from them. The power spring will surely be tuned, but I think I'll leave the bearings "as they are".

I like to spend my money on airsoft stuff, so what could I buy this time (I already bought some stuff last month)? On the market you won't find many addons for Steyr AUG replica. The only interesting thing to buy is the Phantom Silencer Set. But is it really worth it? In the shop that's gonna repair my AUG this set costs $180. I think I'll leave this for the future. Since I bought it, I didn't use my AUG more then few times. I think we must first get along before I buy anything for this replica. ;)

Oh, by the way, I found an interesting video on YouTube. Unfortunatelly it's in french, but it describes how to make this Phantom Set AT HOME! I have no idea what are they saying, but I think the images are descriptive enough... Enjoy!

0 komentarze:

Krzysztof Lis said...

Come on... Is this post really so uninteresting that noone has anything to comment? ;p