My replicas

MP5K PDW, Tokyo Marui, stock [operational].
mG36E, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
Steyr AUG, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
AK47S, Cyma, stock [broken stock, but operational].

Previously:
MP5 SD3, ICS.
Scoped M15 A2 Rifle, 380 fps, Classic Army.
M24, Classic Army, 510 fps.

May 11, 2006

mG36 Phase I completed :D

Today I finally received the parts to my mG36 I ordered last saturday. I got an airseal nozzle, large battery on NiMH cells, 8.4V, 3000mAh and two connector plugs. The latter are required for wiring so I can attach the battery to the stock.

Unfortunatelly I didn't notice that the battery has large connector plug and ordered two mini ones. :(

Todays plan was to prepare the wiring and see where to place the battery. I had to utilise the power plug used to deliver 12 and 5 volts to hard disk drives. It had the metal connectors of the proper diameter to connect to the battery's plug. With a small help of a soldering iron I managed to attach two sets of connectors to the wire, one pair of them was then put inside a connector plug.

Then I started to figure out where to attach the battery. Before I got it, I thought to put it somewhere on the stock. But since the battery is large, it would be very difficult. My father suggested to attach it to the mG36's body, on the left side, between the pistol grip and the optical sight. It will not make the front of the gun heavier (as it happens in the MG36 I wrote about couple of days ago) and will not disturb the aiming through the sight.

The Phase I is completed, I made the wiring and plugged it to the gun. Next thing is to attach the battery and wiring to the body. Phase III is tuning of the gun, i.e. adding the airseal nozzle and 170% power spring.

0 komentarze:

Krzysztof Lis said...

Come on... Is this post really so uninteresting that noone has anything to comment? ;p