My replicas

MP5K PDW, Tokyo Marui, stock [operational].
mG36E, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
Steyr AUG, Classic Army, 400 fps, [operational].
AK47S, Cyma, stock [broken stock, but operational].

Previously:
MP5 SD3, ICS.
Scoped M15 A2 Rifle, 380 fps, Classic Army.
M24, Classic Army, 510 fps.

December 18, 2006

mG36 - one step back

I wrote couple of days ago (in post MG36 phase III upgrade, day one) that the barrel I could not be properly attached to the rest od the replica. What I wanted to express is that there's one part of hopup chamber that holds the barrel to the chamber which doesn't fit because the barrel has notch in different place that the original one.

I removed that barrel on saturday and installed the original one, that's why I titled this post "one step back". :)

Yesterday I had my first chance to test the replica during airsoft game. We played it inside one of abandoned tractor factory buildings. What I noticed yesterday:
- the replica is now better balanced since the heavy battery is now installed inside the stock,
- the stock cannot be folded because of the battery iside (that's why the 3300 mAh battery for this stock has different cell setup).

Here's a photo of my replica at it's current state of upgrade.



By the way -- I just noticed why the stock had different connector on the cable, that's because the battery had the same T-type plug. I wonder why they couldn't use the standard small or large plug?

Yesterday I also got a chance to attach the C-magazine to my replica. See below...



One of the guys had the G36 with STAR grenade launcher and that magazine. The grenade launcher looked nice but the effect of launching all the BBs inside was...poor (in my humble opinion).

2 komentarze:

dikiy said...

>battery had the same T-type plug. I wonder why they couldn't use the standard small or large plug?

We are (Russian airsofters) widely use T-type connector (used in RC-controlled avia models) becouse of foolproof electric and mechanical connection. Community of my city use only that connectors; guns and battaries connectors other types are changed.

Krzysztof Lis said...

In Poland we use mostly those two other systems, small and large "circle/square" connectors. This makes life complicated, because all large batteries have large connectors and small batteries have small connectors. Sometimes you can't just borrow a charged battery because it has the wrong connector.